For the past twenty years, Simbex has developed it’s own products and assisted others in the realization of their medical device and consumer health products. Our scope of services include 1) commercialization services such as IP evaluation, regulatory and reimbursement strategy, business planning, funding mechanisms, and sales and distribution models and 2) engineering services focused on development of the technology and transfer to manufacturing. The Associate Director, Commercialization Services will be responsible for overseeing Simbex’ medical device and consumer health commercialization services and will act as the lead consultant on specific commercialization engagements. This role will work with the Chief Business Development officer to grow our commercialization services business through new client acquisition and exceptional execution. The Associate Director will ensure that the medical device and consumer health related activities are executed well, according to clear project plans and standard operating procedures, and that our customers are satisfied with the services that we provide. The role will also work with the CBDO on strategic planning, marketing and sales activities, and will be responsible for organizing day-to-day operations, communicating with current and potential clients, facilitating meetings internally and with customers, and overseeing the consulting activities of the Simbex commercialization team. The successful candidate will have a passion for medical device and consumer health product development and a commitment to helping clients overcome their commercialization challenges.
- Direct a multidisciplinary team of business, clinical, and product development professionals to provide commercialization services for products across a broad range of medical device and consumer health markets
- Work closely with the CBDO to develop marketing and communications plans to promote Simbex commercialization services.
- Actively engage in business development activities in order to grow the commercialization services business, including client outreach and proposal development.
- Provide operational oversight of both internal staff and external clients
- Ensure that project deliverables meet Simbex standards of quality and customer expectations
- Work directly with clients to lead their consulting engagements
- Act as a mentor to project leaders within the commercialization services team and across the company
- Establish and maintain processes to ensure the quality and consistency of Simbex’ consulting services
- Establish and manage budgets related to the commercialization services.
- Report regularly on the revenue and profitability of the commercialization activities.
- Consistently evaluate the services provided and implement a process for continuous improvement through objectives and key results.
- Work with the commercialization team to establish and execute objectives and key results
- A minimum of 5 years medical device or consumer health product commercialization, product management or product development experience.
- Strong understanding of health economics, healthcare administration, medical device regulation and reimbursement
- Experience developing business plans and performing company/product line financial analysis
- Experience in medical device consulting is preferred
- Previous medical device startup experience is preferred
- Strong entrepreneurial interests and interest in developing new technologies.
- Experience in medical device or consumer health product sales and distribution, licensing and corporate fundraising is a plus.
- Bachelors degree required, MBA or MPH preferred.
- Exemplary organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and good marketing skills.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated experience preparing documentation conveying commercialization strategy such as: Investment pitch deck, Business plan, SBIR/STTR commercialization plan.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook & Excel. Previous experience with the office 365 suite of tools would be helpful.
- Experience using CRM software is a bonus.