Position: HOME-DELIVERED MEALS COORDINATOR
FLSA: Non Exempt
Summary Description: Under direction of Center Director, manages the Home-Delivered Meals Program at designated GCSCC locations.
Functions / Responsibilities:
Functional Capacity: Medium. Requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, lifting. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Requires repetitive use of hand for intermittent computer tasks
Qualifications: Must be able to work in harmony with a variety of people. Must possess good judgment, ability to accept responsibility, ability to understand and carry out written and verbal instructions, accuracy and initiative. Neat appearance.
- Accepts referrals from physicians, nurses, other professionals and from potential recipients; responds appropriately and in a professional manner.
- Interviews and assesses all new recipients, at their home when possible, to evaluate their need for home-delivered meals and other services, to complete all forms as outlined in GCSCC’s Home Delivered Meals policies and procedures.
- Informs new recipients of GCSCC's contribution policy.
- Assists in and or refers home-delivered meals recipients to other staff or to other agencies, as appropriate.
- Evaluates recipients on a regularly scheduled basis, as outlined in GCSCC's home-delivered meals policies and procedures.
- Supervises preparation, packaging and delivery of meals.
- Prepares daily schedules for delivery of meals.
- Recruits, trains and schedules volunteers who will deliver meals.
- Receives program contributions following GCSCC cash receipts procedures.
- Orders essential supplies and maintain inventory control.
- Maintains records of program activity and service provision as required by GCSCC.
- Presents programs to church and civic organizations for the purpose of informing community members of the service, building community support for, encouraging referrals to, and promoting volunteer involvement in all aspects of the program.
- Job performance will be evaluated based on the following attributes and skills: job knowledge, quality of work, cooperation with staff, problem solving abilities, dependability, ability to maintain confidentiality, creativity, initiative, planning and organization.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and/or serve on various committees, as requested.
- Two years of college plus two years increasingly responsible experience in social service agencies and in work with volunteers or High School diploma or equivalent, plus four years experience. Some experience in working with older adults.
- Some other satisfactory equivalent combination of the above education and experience.