Promoting shopping local and keeping money circulating in the Upper Valley with one gift certificate that can be used at any participating business - that's the Local LUV Gift Card Program!
Give The Gift Of Shopping Local
For several years, we have been asked by residents if there was a gift certificate that could be used at many Upper Valley businesses - and finally, there will be. We are excited to promote shopping local and keep $$$ circulating in the Upper Valley with the Local LUV Gift Card Program!
Who Can Accept The Certificates?
Almost any business. The certificates are treated like cash. Feedback from other chambers say retailers, restaurants, convenience stores, auto repair/detailing, salons/spas, even home heating fuel or services can benefit among others. If you accept cash, you can accept these Local LUV certificates.
This Is How The Certificates Work:
- Local LUV gift certificates are completely digital - the purchaser will purchase the gift certificate online on UVBA's website and the gift certificate is delivered electronically immediately via email/text. It can be saved to Apple Wallet. The purchaser can then print it or use it off their cell phone. A list of participating businesses is included.
- Local LUV gift certificates are sold in denominations of $5, $10, $20, $25 and $50 denominations. You would treat them like cash. For example, if a customer makes a purchase for $22 using a $25 gift certificate, you have the option to give them $3 in change or store credit. You would submit the full $25 for reimbursement to UVBA. The certificates may only be used once - once redeemed at a business and logged, they are out of circulation. A $10 certificate may not be redeemed for $5 in one business and $5 in another business.
- There will be no fee for businesses to participate. You will be reimbursed at 100% of the gift certificate.
- Redeeming - Submitting the reimbursement would involve logging into a link, typing in the unique code on the certificate. If preferred, you could scan the QR code with a mobile device. UVBA will reimburse by mailing a check or EFT fund transfer on a bimonthly basis. It is very quick and easy to log in. There is no special equipment needed.
Want To Give The Gift of Shopping Local?
Set Up a Corporate Account. Besides marketing to the public, this platform also allows us to set up corporate accounts. If you are looking for a gift of appreciation for clients, employees, or vendors - check it out. We can even include your branding on the Local LUV gift certificates.
What Do You Need To Do To Participate?
- Program is open to all UVBA Members.
- Let us know that you would like to accept the gift certificate. Your business will be listed on the certificate, on the website portal, and in promotional advertising for the program. We will provide you with door decals saying you accept the certificates and other marketing materials.
- Make sure your staff is aware of the certificates and knows how to accept/redeem.
We plan to launch the Local LUV Gift Card Program to the public in November in time for the holidays.
Click on blue button below to read & download the
By signing up you agree to the terms stated in
the Merchant Agreement.